Thursday, March 6, 2008

Day After a Snowstorm

Well, the morning went well. I slept incredibly well last night and woke up this morning well rested. It wasn't a chore to get up or hop on the elliptical at 6:30am. I'm happy with the way my hair turned out this morning, enough to put on some concealer, foundation and mascara. I generally feel good about myself and my situation today. In the midst of all that fun and frivolity, I completely forgot to eat breakfast. I was planning on toasting two crumpets and spraying them with some of that 0 calorie/lowfat 'I Can't Believe Its Not Butter' spray (which I still can't find in Canada!), but by the time the hair and face were done, I had forgotten even though my stomach was rumbling.

The morning drive in was something akin to playing "Dodgems" with flying chunks of icy snow originating from the roofs of cars. I have seen solid chunks of ice come flying off the roofs of cars and I worry that these could do real damage to my car. You can't swerve and avoid them for fear of having a collision with another vehicle, so I just cringe when they hit my car and hope for the best.

Considering that I did not have breakfast at home, I decided to purchase the toasted western and coffee deal they have downstairs. Whole wheat toast with a little hot sauce mixed in with the eggs, an Irish Cream coffee and I'm good to go. Since I was in such a fine mood, I actually offered to buy the security guard a coffee. They can't really leave the office area and they're stuck there for ten hours during the day. I would imagine that this is an insane bore, so why not jack them up on coffee too. Ok, I'm evil. Maybe I was just trying to brighten her otherwise dreary day. Its not often that people buy each other coffee these days.

No comments: