If you know me, you know I am trying to get in some form of shape. It's not been easy; I think I am an emotional eater mixed in with a (un)healthy dose of distracted eater.
Here are the definitions of both those kind of eaters (stolen shamelessly from this month's Oxygen mag):
The Emotional Eater: You eat when you feel anxious, bored, depressed, nervous or stressed. Mac'n'cheese is your friend during tough times.
The Distracted Eater: You don't pay attention when you eat. You can sit down at your desk for lunch, finish it, and not even remember that you ate it.
That's nasty stuff. I think I need to not eat in front of the computer and keep my bottle of water filled with cold water at all times. That might help me lose that stupid last 10 that I've been trying for now for months.
This time last year I was about 7lbs lighter, but the reason behind that was pure stress. I didn't have a place to live to call my own; there was so much uncertainty in my life it was crazy. Most days all I could manage was a protein shake.
Now with Oxygen Magazine, Tosca Reno and the Eat Clean Diet, I think I can make a go of this, and actually get to where I want to be without the stress.
In other news, I ran 8km today. Felt pretty good actually. I think 10k isn't too far off :)
Cross posted to LJ.
No comments:
Post a Comment